Skip to main content

Abiding in Christ: 50 Days of Prayer and Fasting, from Easter to Pentecost

A prayer for our fellowship based on Ephesians 4. 

     Father, we pray that we would walk in a manner worthy of our calling, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love. Help us to be eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Remind us often that there is one body and one Spirit, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. 
     Father, may we receive Christ’s gifts given to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. 
     Lord, by the power of your Spirit in us, help us to speak the truth in love, to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. Amen. 

May 13—If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father. Pray for the Word of God to remain in us, having its transforming effect on our lives. 1 John 2:24, Isaiah 55:10-11

May 14—Pray for growth in the C12 Twin Cities ministry. They hope to have two CEO groups by the end of 2018, with a third group ready to form. May these groups advance the Kingdom of God.

May 15—Pray for Pastor Charlie's visit to Albania to visit the Andersons in May, that he would have safe travels and God would be in the details of the time together.

May 16—We praise you, Lord Jesus, that you humbled yourself, taking on flesh to redeem us.

May 17—Pray for Prime Minister, Edi Rama, to lead Albania with wisdom and equity and to become a believer himself.

May 18—Father, help us to see that your pruning work in our lives is an act of grace for our good and our growth.

May 19—Pray for those in our body struggling with any type of sexual sin. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20

May 20—But as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in him. Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you how to abide in Christ. 1 John 2:27



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Have My Soul Happy in the Lord, by George Muller

To Have My Soul Happy in the Lord By George Muller “It has pleased the Lord to teach me a truth, the benefit of which I have not lost for more than fourteen years. The point is this: I saw more clearly than ever that the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about was not how much I might serve the Lord, or how I might glorify the Lord, but how I might get my soul into a happy state, and how my inner man might be nourished. “I saw that the most important thing I had to do was to give myself to the reading of the Word of God—not prayer, but the Word of God. And here again, not the simple reading of the Word of God so that it only passes through my mind just as water runs through a pipe, but considering what I read, pondering over it, and applying it to my heart. To meditate on it, that thus my heart might be comforted, encouraged, warned, reproved, instructed. And that thus,...

God Displays His Beauty While Lifting Heavy Burdens by Pastor Kevin

I know I am a little bit overweight. My doctor tells me so. The mirror that I look into affirms it and the scale (that I mostly avoid) reminds me every time I step on it. All of that makes what I am about to say so much more impressive. I had the privilege of sitting on the beaches of Florida's Atlantic coast for 8 days on our most recent family trip. For me there is something magical about the beach, especially on the Atlantic side with the waves washing up against the shoreline. We have been lucky enough to find a sleepy beach town to vacation at. A nook, if you will, that typically features retired folks or families with kids. Out of the way of those who want to party, the beach is truly a relaxing place for me.  Let me tell you something that I gleaned this time around that never quite landed on me. This last week it landed on me, almost literally. My son Ben and I are the more adventurous specimens in the Feder five. We actually get into the salty water where there are jelly f...

Why Share My Faith - Part I

In my last post , I shared a one paragraph definition of the Gospel. In this post and the next, I'm going to share some reasons to share your faith. Before We Begin Many times, evangelism is shared as a duty. This is certainly true, as we will see in a moment, but it's so much more than that. Like many duties of the faith, evangelism is meant to flow out of our relationship with Christ. Like praise, service, and giving of one's treasure and resources, sharing the Gospel with another should flow from a sense of worship rather than a sense of mere duty. As we contemplate all that Christ did for us, we begin to be compelled to worship out of gratefulness, and, from that attitude, we then share with unbelievers. The Road to Salvation as a Process I will be referring to this concept throughout this series. When I first started to really study evangelism, one short verse changed my entire approach and attitude. Paul, in I Corinthians 3 addresses sectarianism - divis...