Skip to main content

Announcements - December 17, 2017


Glory of Christ Fellowship Christmas and New Year’s Eve Services at the Handke Center
  • Christmas service on Sunday, December 24 from 9:00-11:00 a.m.
  • Christmas Eve service on Sunday, December 24 from 5:00-6:00 p.m.
  • New Year’s Eve service on Sunday, December 31 from 9:00-10:30 a.m.

Sunday School Schedule During the Christmas Season: There will be no Sunday school classes on December 24 and 31. Classes will resume in the New Year on January 14. 

Youth Group: The final youth group meeting of the year will take place on Wednesday, December 20 at the Handke Center. Regular meetings will resume on Wednesday, January 10, 2018. Questions? Contact Pastor Kevin (kevin@gcfmn.org). 

8 Ways to Share Christ this Christmas: See the bulletin insert for ideas to share the Good News with those around you. Take time during this Advent season to pray, asking the Lord to open doors for the Gospel.


Next Week's Fighter Verse
And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
1 Corinthians 2:1-2 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Have My Soul Happy in the Lord, by George Muller

To Have My Soul Happy in the Lord By George Muller “It has pleased the Lord to teach me a truth, the benefit of which I have not lost for more than fourteen years. The point is this: I saw more clearly than ever that the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about was not how much I might serve the Lord, or how I might glorify the Lord, but how I might get my soul into a happy state, and how my inner man might be nourished. “I saw that the most important thing I had to do was to give myself to the reading of the Word of God—not prayer, but the Word of God. And here again, not the simple reading of the Word of God so that it only passes through my mind just as water runs through a pipe, but considering what I read, pondering over it, and applying it to my heart. To meditate on it, that thus my heart might be comforted, encouraged, warned, reproved, instructed. And that thus,...

God Displays His Beauty While Lifting Heavy Burdens by Pastor Kevin

I know I am a little bit overweight. My doctor tells me so. The mirror that I look into affirms it and the scale (that I mostly avoid) reminds me every time I step on it. All of that makes what I am about to say so much more impressive. I had the privilege of sitting on the beaches of Florida's Atlantic coast for 8 days on our most recent family trip. For me there is something magical about the beach, especially on the Atlantic side with the waves washing up against the shoreline. We have been lucky enough to find a sleepy beach town to vacation at. A nook, if you will, that typically features retired folks or families with kids. Out of the way of those who want to party, the beach is truly a relaxing place for me.  Let me tell you something that I gleaned this time around that never quite landed on me. This last week it landed on me, almost literally. My son Ben and I are the more adventurous specimens in the Feder five. We actually get into the salty water where there are jelly f...

Why Share My Faith - Part I

In my last post , I shared a one paragraph definition of the Gospel. In this post and the next, I'm going to share some reasons to share your faith. Before We Begin Many times, evangelism is shared as a duty. This is certainly true, as we will see in a moment, but it's so much more than that. Like many duties of the faith, evangelism is meant to flow out of our relationship with Christ. Like praise, service, and giving of one's treasure and resources, sharing the Gospel with another should flow from a sense of worship rather than a sense of mere duty. As we contemplate all that Christ did for us, we begin to be compelled to worship out of gratefulness, and, from that attitude, we then share with unbelievers. The Road to Salvation as a Process I will be referring to this concept throughout this series. When I first started to really study evangelism, one short verse changed my entire approach and attitude. Paul, in I Corinthians 3 addresses sectarianism - divis...