Skip to main content

Announcements - July 23, 2017





Announcements - July 23, 2017

Change in Location for Sunday Worship Services from July 16-August 20: We will be worshiping at Elk River High School July 16 through August 20. Please mark your calendars and plan to join us there!
Pastor Charlie on Vacation July 17-August 7: Pastor Charlie is  on vacation until August 7. If you need assistance with anything, please contact Pastor Kevin at kevin@gcfmn.org. Please pray for the Handrens as they draw away with Jesus and seek to refresh their souls in Him together.
Kenny Stokes Preaching Today: It is our privilege to have Pastor Kenny Stokes bring the sermon today. Pastor Kenny is the Pastor for Church Planting at Bethlehem Baptist Church, and has been Pastor Charlie’s mentor for the last fourteen years.
Youth Camping Trip August 6-9: The youth camping trip is targeted to high school students but junior high students who enjoy hiking and camping are also welcome to attend. This is an adventurous trip designed to use exploration in God's creation as a way to make disciples for the glory of Christ. If you would like to sign up you can do so by submitting $10 payment to Pastor Kevin. Please direct any questions to Pastor Kevin (kevin@gcfmn.org).
Wednesday Morning Prayer Meeting: Please join us for this weekly time of prayer as we bring our praises and requests to the Lord. The meeting takes place every week at the church office from 6:00-7:00 a.m.

Next Week's Fighter Verse
You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
Psalm 91:5-6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Have My Soul Happy in the Lord, by George Muller

To Have My Soul Happy in the Lord By George Muller “It has pleased the Lord to teach me a truth, the benefit of which I have not lost for more than fourteen years. The point is this: I saw more clearly than ever that the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about was not how much I might serve the Lord, or how I might glorify the Lord, but how I might get my soul into a happy state, and how my inner man might be nourished. “I saw that the most important thing I had to do was to give myself to the reading of the Word of God—not prayer, but the Word of God. And here again, not the simple reading of the Word of God so that it only passes through my mind just as water runs through a pipe, but considering what I read, pondering over it, and applying it to my heart. To meditate on it, that thus my heart might be comforted, encouraged, warned, reproved, instructed. And that thus,...

God Displays His Beauty While Lifting Heavy Burdens by Pastor Kevin

I know I am a little bit overweight. My doctor tells me so. The mirror that I look into affirms it and the scale (that I mostly avoid) reminds me every time I step on it. All of that makes what I am about to say so much more impressive. I had the privilege of sitting on the beaches of Florida's Atlantic coast for 8 days on our most recent family trip. For me there is something magical about the beach, especially on the Atlantic side with the waves washing up against the shoreline. We have been lucky enough to find a sleepy beach town to vacation at. A nook, if you will, that typically features retired folks or families with kids. Out of the way of those who want to party, the beach is truly a relaxing place for me.  Let me tell you something that I gleaned this time around that never quite landed on me. This last week it landed on me, almost literally. My son Ben and I are the more adventurous specimens in the Feder five. We actually get into the salty water where there are jelly f...

Why Share My Faith - Part I

In my last post , I shared a one paragraph definition of the Gospel. In this post and the next, I'm going to share some reasons to share your faith. Before We Begin Many times, evangelism is shared as a duty. This is certainly true, as we will see in a moment, but it's so much more than that. Like many duties of the faith, evangelism is meant to flow out of our relationship with Christ. Like praise, service, and giving of one's treasure and resources, sharing the Gospel with another should flow from a sense of worship rather than a sense of mere duty. As we contemplate all that Christ did for us, we begin to be compelled to worship out of gratefulness, and, from that attitude, we then share with unbelievers. The Road to Salvation as a Process I will be referring to this concept throughout this series. When I first started to really study evangelism, one short verse changed my entire approach and attitude. Paul, in I Corinthians 3 addresses sectarianism - divis...