Skip to main content

Weekly Announcements



Beyond the Veil - Say Hello conference for women, February 7th. This will be a one-day training to encourage Christian women to bring the hope of Christ to Muslim women through friendship. To learn more about the topics covered at the conference and register, go to the Crescent Project website at www.crescentproject.org. If you want more information from a live person, talk with Carmen Gunderson.

"Be Filled" Women’s Retreat: all ladies 12 and older are invited to participate in our conference on March 20-21st at the beautiful Koinonia Retreat Center in South Haven near Annandale. We will explore together what it means to be filled with the knowledge of the will of God. Registration forms are available on the information table. Contact Cheryl Perry with questions.

Lunch with the Handrens. Beginning in February, the Handrens will be hosting a lunch at their home on first and third Sundays. Please see the information table for more information and a sign-up sheet. 

Fighter Verses: On January 4 we began set 5 of the Fighter Verses. The elders of GCF encourage you to join us in pursuing Scripture memory in 2015. You can find more information on the Information Table, or at www.fighterverses.com. 

Stay Connected: All of our announcements are posted on our blog at our church website (gcfmn.org). If you would like to receive our bi-monthly electronic newsletter please contact Traci Veek (traci@gcfmn.org). 

Community Groups: Please visit our website to access more information about community groups at GCF or see the bi-monthly electronic newsletter. 

Next Week’s Fighter Verse:
“He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.”
Psalm 121:3-4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Have My Soul Happy in the Lord, by George Muller

To Have My Soul Happy in the Lord By George Muller “It has pleased the Lord to teach me a truth, the benefit of which I have not lost for more than fourteen years. The point is this: I saw more clearly than ever that the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about was not how much I might serve the Lord, or how I might glorify the Lord, but how I might get my soul into a happy state, and how my inner man might be nourished. “I saw that the most important thing I had to do was to give myself to the reading of the Word of God—not prayer, but the Word of God. And here again, not the simple reading of the Word of God so that it only passes through my mind just as water runs through a pipe, but considering what I read, pondering over it, and applying it to my heart. To meditate on it, that thus my heart might be comforted, encouraged, warned, reproved, instructed. And that thus,...

God Displays His Beauty While Lifting Heavy Burdens by Pastor Kevin

I know I am a little bit overweight. My doctor tells me so. The mirror that I look into affirms it and the scale (that I mostly avoid) reminds me every time I step on it. All of that makes what I am about to say so much more impressive. I had the privilege of sitting on the beaches of Florida's Atlantic coast for 8 days on our most recent family trip. For me there is something magical about the beach, especially on the Atlantic side with the waves washing up against the shoreline. We have been lucky enough to find a sleepy beach town to vacation at. A nook, if you will, that typically features retired folks or families with kids. Out of the way of those who want to party, the beach is truly a relaxing place for me.  Let me tell you something that I gleaned this time around that never quite landed on me. This last week it landed on me, almost literally. My son Ben and I are the more adventurous specimens in the Feder five. We actually get into the salty water where there are jelly f...

Is your Sense of Identity Tied to your Smartphone?

In her book Alone Together Sherry Turkle writes, “To make more time would mean turning off our phones. But this is not a simple proposition since our devices are ever more closely coupled to our sense of our bodies and minds. They provide a social and psychological GPS, a navigation system for our tethered selves” (167). Hmm, that’s a profound point. Our phones are no longer just a tool we use to get things done; they have become part of who we are. They make us feel awake, alive, and connected to the world, and therefore we must have our phones with us at all times. But why is this so? Or to ask a question that gets closer to the heart of my issues with my phone, Why do we feel the compulsion to check and respond to messages multiple times per hour? Perhaps… We want to feel important, bigger than we are. We want to feel needed, even indispensable. We fear the disappointment, disapproval, or anger of others if we do not respond in a certain period of time. We feel i...